At Small Biz Technology, we always love to see examples of small business success – stories that prove if you are willing to work and give it all you have then you just might survive and thrive, even among the big guys. That’s why we’re excited to celebrate with Melinda Emerson as she reaches her 15th year in business.
Melinda Emerson is better known to the world as SmallBizLady, and in her 15 years she’s been quite busy. Her list of accomplishments include being the founder and president of Quintessence Group, a regular columnist for the New York Times, and a bestselling author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months.
What we also love about Melinda is her mission to give back to other small businesses. She provides many small business resources, such as her Twitter chat #Smallbizchat, her blog Succeed as Your Own Boss, and the Melinda F. Emerson Foundation which provides training materials for future entrepreneurs.
For her 15th year celebration, Melinda is at it again. She’s holding a huge event called 15 Days of Giveaways, where each business day she will be giving away prizes to help out small business owners. The prizes include:
- SmallBizLady Powerpacks including an autographed copy of her Become Your Own Boss Workbook
- SmallBizLady’s Social Media Ninja Kits including her e-book and audio CDs
- A 6-hour coaching session one-on-one with the SmallBizLady in Philadelphia
- A collection of her favorite business books
- A website redesign provided by Duda
- A Voyager Legend CS Bluetooth headset provided by Plantronics
- Google Chromecast
- A Toshiba CB30-A3120 Chromebook
- An all-expense paid trip to Infusionsoft’s conference ICON 2014 in Phoenix, AZ from April 23-25
- Up to 15 lines of VOIP phone service for 12 months provided by Nextiva
- A package to get your business online provided by GoDaddy, including 1 year of domain, WordPress hosting and more
- A NeatDesk Digital Filing System from Sam’s Club
- A Space-Save 10 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder and a Vayder Technical Mesh Manager’s Chair from Staples
- A $250 gift card to The UPS Store
- A $250 eGift Certificate from Scan My Photos
Want a chance to win one of these prizes? Sign up for Melinda’s email list here. Each day you’ll get an email about the daily giveaway, including a special message that you have to post on Twitter and her Facebook fan page in order to get your name into the drawing.
The contest will run on business days only, from March 5-25, and each day you have between noon and 6pm EST to enter. Winners are randomly selected at the end of the day.
Congratulations to SmallBizLady for reaching the 15 year mark! And good luck to all the small business owners who enter to win these fabulous prizes.