Smart marketers know that the only way to properly measure their marketing and know what works and what does not work – is to leverage analytics. However, analytics can only be seen if you are using trackable links to know what people are and are not clicking.
Sure you can get a great measure of detail about your web site visitors, using Google Analytics. But what about other areas of your marketing – are you able to track every aspect of your marketing message?
e-commerce service provider springbot offers some tips on why it’s essential to properly track your marketing solutions.
1. Use eCommerce focused tools: There are a number of tracking tools available for monitoring everything from social media, sentiment, goals and more. However, an eCommerce specific tracking tool can provide owners with deeper and broader insights into every interaction with their brand through a streamlined dashboard with the metrics that matter to them the most, like which trackable links are increasing traffic, conversions and ultimately driving revenue.
2. Implement tagging functions: To better serve their customers, online merchants must understand how their audience responds to the different product and category links. Through tagging, online merchants can better understand what type of call-to-action, content piece or author works best for each channel. For example, are Facebook fans more responsive to funny or educational posts? What type of engagement do promotional tweets generate? Who creates the best posts? Examples of popular tags include: funny, educational, promotional, or new product. Many stores also tag the name of the author to create an internal competition to determine who has the greatest impact.
3. Identify the ROI across campaigns: For repeated marketing success, merchants want more than campaign analytics or email open rates. They want to know the ROI by determining which links are clicked (or ignored), and see the sales driven by those links. This is especially important for campaigns across multiple social media channels and other online marketing efforts such as emails, newsletters, blogs and more. Real-time insights enable merchants to respond quickly by adjusting campaigns to market changes and customer demands.
4. Leverage detailed insights: Industry specific tracking tools enable online business owners to track marketing efforts with relevant and detailed metrics. Retailers need to know more than how many times a link was viewed. They want to know who viewed the link, where that viewer is coming from, the next actions that took place, whether or not that link drove site traffic, and if the link resulted in a purchase. Without the proper tracking tools in place beforehand, it’s nearly impossible to determine the ROI of a specific link.
5. Get a comprehensive marketing overview: Over time, trackable links paired with other marketing insights will provide retailers with a comprehensive look into the products customers are purchasing, the best channels to use and the types of offers they’re most interested in. By understanding the ROI of each link, retailers can develop highly targeted marketing campaigns to increase brand loyalty and ROI.
“Although overall sales were successful, online retailer Country Club Prep (CCP) found it increasingly difficult to track the results of their online marketing efforts and turned to Springbot, an eCommerce marketing platform provider that helps online stores grow their revenue.
Within a five month period, CCP increased site traffic by 912 percent and saw an increase in revenue by three fold. CCP’s targeted email campaigns exceeded expectations with a 2,294 percent ROI for segmented email campaigns and a 1,886 percent ROI from the trackable links.”
What are other options for better tracking your marketing and ecommerce efforts?
- Use sales and marketing software from Infusionsoft.
- Use email marketing from Constant Contact
- Use social media engagement from Hootsuite.
- Build social media engagement campaigns with GroSocial.
PS – Marketing expert and Brooklyn dojo owner Carmen Sognonvi tracks her business metrics so well she’s been able to determine which sign in her martial arts school gets the most response.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Creative Ideas to Boost Your Local Marketing Campaigns - December 11, 2017
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017