Many professionals use Evernote to store their “brain” – to capture notes, receipts, file images and so much more. My friend Travis Campbell is an Evernote Nut. I started to use Evernote to capture notes, but then just stopped doing it as I was using my computer more.
According to the Moleskine web site Moleskine and Evernote have created a collection of notebooks with specially-designed pages meant for syncing, archiving and sharing the content of their paper notebooks using digital devices and now announce the arrival of the new Business Notebook specially conceived for the workplace.
On one hand I’m not sure if this more “gimmick” and marketing spin that really useful – but on the other hand if the new notebooks make using Evernote even better – this is definitely a win for those taking hand written notes but wanting to archive them in Evernote.
Here’s my tip list for note taking and digital storage of those notes
- In most professional meetings taking notes with a pen and paper is more respectful of your audience; especially if you are actively engaged with the other party
- It’s acceptable to use a computer or table (or etc) to take notes if that is a commonly agreed practice by the meeting participants. At Infusionsoft for example we often bring our computers to meetings and take notes
- Archiving those notes is important, but what”s more important is ensuring you name the files correctly, save them to appropriate folders and are able to search within the files for keywords
- Discipline yourself to review the notes in your notebook so they stay fresh and active in your mind
- Read the Evernote help and support resources so you get the most out of the power of Evernote
Here’s a full feature list of what the new integration brings:
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016