I recently had the opportunity to speak with Nina Yiamsamatha, who’s part of the small business marketing team at Foursquare. For those who don’t know what Foursquare is – it’s a mobile app that people use to find places to go – and it’s a very powerful tool for small business!
Foursquare is an amazingly powerful tool for small businesses to capture the local consumer. While Google or Bing searches are great, Foursquare offers a more refined search ability by capturing what the user likes based on check-ins and search preferences.
In the interview, Nina gives us a Foursquare 101 lesson and shares some tips and strategies on how you can best utilize the power of Foursquare for your business, including how to boost your business through promotion and advertising. Watch the video below or click here.
Did you catch all those tips that Nina offered? Here’s the are again – and a few more:
1. Make sure you business is listed on Foursquare.
2. Claim your listing on Foursquare.
3. Optimize your listing by adding, business description, hours of operation, a website link, social media links, menus (if applicable) and other important details like wifi, delivery, payment options.
4. Use the Foursquare advertising solutions to boost your business.
5. Upload photos so that people can see what you are providing.
6. Add tips so local travelers can see everything that you have to offer.
7. Create a list of your tips, and those of businesses around you, so that people can see that you are invested in the area.
8. Use local updates to engage with customers who have checked into your business.
9. Offer a Foursquare special.
10. Use Foursquare analytic tools to monitor how you’re doing and engaging with users.
Using these tips, you can create an effective Foursquare presence and start grabbing local foot traffic to your business. Already using Foursquare and these tips? Share your site and tips for success in the comments below!