Were you able to attend the last Wix Small Biz Breakfast on June 11th? We were able to have an informative conversation with Todd Tesoro, founder of Ivy Prepster, and he shared his thoughts and ideas on building a lifestyle brand.
I know some of you weren’t able to make it, so I’ve uploaded the video for you to watch in your spare time. You certainly don’t want to miss out on this informative session about building your lifestyle brand.
Todd is uniquely qualified to speak about building a lifestyle brand. After growing up in his father’s clothing/tailor business and going to school for women’s fashion, he created his own clothing company called Ivy Prepster. Ivy Prepster is a lifestyle brand – a brand that caters to the interests and attitudes of a specific group. In this case, Todd targets college prepsters by capturing their preppy fashion sense and marketing specifically to that group.
Todd grew his lifestyle brand by building a website then launching e-commerce. From there Ivy Prepster was noticed by big retailers like Nordstrom, who took notice and began selling the brand in stores and online.
I won’t give away too much more of this fascinating story – for that you’ll have to watch the video yourself – but if you’re wondering how you can succeed with your own lifestyle brand, Todd gives this advice:
- You’ve got to hustle to get the ‘big guys’ to notice you
- Follow up communication is key to keep the conversation going
- Combine persistence with preparation to make it work
For more information on building your lifestyle brand, check out the video below or click here to watch it on YouTube.
What about you: is your small business a lifestyle brand – or are you interested in starting a lifestyle brand? Todd shared his tips – now it’s time to share yours by commenting below.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017