Customer referrals can mean a big boost for your business – but how exactly do you get them? This was the topic of conversation in a recent Google Hangout titled “Wowing Your Way to Customer Referrals.”
The hangout was a special session organized by the Google Small Business Community and Infusionsoft, featuring Ramon Ray from Small Biz Technology who gave tips and guidance on this important question.
As Ramon stresses in the hangout session, customer reviews and referrals are extremely important for small business:
- Reviews give you an internal barometer of how your business is doing – are you satisfying customers? In which areas do you excel? In which areas could you use improvement?
- Reviews are a way for customers to tell others about your business.
- Extending beyond the last point, reviews are a form of word-of-mouth advertising that can make others interested in your business. A positive review can make others feel safe and secure about buying goods or services from your business.
I’ve only revealed 3 minutes of information from the hangout session which lasts for approximately 45 minutes. The rest of the session includes information on that important question – how exactly do you get customer referrals and reviews that will WOW others and win over new customers? You can watch the full recorded video HERE or watch below:
Some of the questions addressed in the hangout session are:
- What is the difference between wowing through referrals and good customer service?
- How can companies ensure that all employees are delivering good customer service, across the board?
- What is lifecycle marketing and how can you use it in their sales and marketing strategy?
- What is the difference between customer reviews and referrals, and which should businesses focus on first?
- When is the right time to ask for a referral?
- How can you get your clients to follow through with reviews?
- What are some strategies to use for getting reviews?
- What are the legal restrictions on using customer referrals on your website?
- What are good ways for generating referrals?
- Should you give compensation for referrals?
- Examples of businesses that have wowed Ramon
- Where should you place reviews and referrals?
- Tips for getting referrals if your business is service-based
- What is a recommended commission rate for affiliates?
- What are some ways to deal with negative feedback or reviews?
- What are three actionable things you can do to get the referral/review process started today?
- How can you wow customers on social media?
Once again, if you missed the Google Hangout session – but you want answers to the questions listed above – you can check out the video recording of the session here or watch the clip above. Head to the link to get tips and inspiration for gathering customer referrals – and feel free to come back and comment on your favorite tip.