Email marketing company Vertical Response provides a great overview of tips in how small business owners can better ensure their emails get through spam folders and other barriers to reach their intended destinations.
- Require your subscribers to opt-in twice; this keeps your list quality high. Don’t use purchased or rented lists.
- Make it easy to unsubscribe so your readers don’t hit the “Spam” button, which can negatively affect delivery.
- Don’t send the same content over and over.
- Keep your readers coming back with interesting content and offers.
- Test all of your images and links; bad links could affect delivery.