Wal Mart was a disruptor for local small businesses. Amazon.com was a disruptor for Wal Mart and of course ANY other retailer. With Amazon.com testing the waters of opening a local store, as reported by the WSJ, the differentiation you offer to your customers is even more important.
It is TOUGH to compete with big retailers but it’s possible.
- Know your customers.
- Go narrow – don’t sell to everyone
- Leverage technology, such as CRM to get to know them better, anticipate their needs and overall follow the principles of Attract, Sell, Wow
- Know who your competition is and anticipate your customer’s like or dislike of what your competition is doing
- LOVE your customers. Wow them, delight them and create an emotional connection with them . Beyond the transaction.
Keep your head up, don’t fear and LOVE YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018