Most small businesses use Quickbooks – you installed the software on your computer 10 or 20 years ago and it’s humming along.
But today, face it – Quickbooks is bloated, outdated and sometimes a pain to work with. Sure, your accountant loves it – but you don’t.
Intuit executives know this and have been on a steady campaign to make Quickbooks Online the default financial operating system for small businesses.
At a recent conference an Intuit executive said:
“Our mission is to make accounting seem invisible for small businesses by leveraging the power of the cloud so that the time-intensive work of keeping the books organized happens automatically every time an invoice is sent, a customer makes a payment, or an employee gets paid,” said Dan Wernikoff, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Small Business Group.
- The old Quickbooks, installed on your computer is no longer relevant a cloud based world.
- You can’t access it via your cell phone – it’s NOT mobile
- It’s not intuitive and easy to use
- Files can get corrupted and it’s not easy to move from one computer to another.
These are joust four reasons why Intuit’s battle cry is to move small businesses, it’s current customers and new customers to Quickbooks online – a much better, more visual, easier to use cash flow management service for small businesses.
What’s the competition saying?
Xero‘s going directly after those businesses ready to leave the old Quickbooks. Sage is offering a slew of new solutions for small businesses – including Sage One. Shopkeep and other iPad based point of sale vendors have built in solutions for their customers – or can connect their systems to 3rd party accounting solutions. GoDaddy’s financial service (bought from Outright) and Frshbooks offer a nice set of services for solo entrepreneurs and very small businesses.
While I’m not sure if I’ll ever think of accounting or cash flow as being “fun” – I know that cloud and mobile based solutions are getting easier and easier and easier!
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016