When thinking about efficiency and productivity in your business and areas you can easily improve, you might first think about your employees, software, and apps. But when was the last time you thought about your printer? It may not be the first thing to pop into your mind, but it’s time to change that thinking, as HP has recently introduced the HP Officejet X Series of printers… and they are changing the way we look at business printing and productivity.
Research shows that printing is an often neglected part of running a business. For example:
- 90% of business don’t keep track of what they spend on office printing
- Companies underestimate printing costs by 30-40%
- The average business spends 1-3% of their revenue on printing.
These statistics are pretty alarming when you consider that the average U.S. office worker prints 10,000 pages per year. When you add it up, that’s a lot of lost money and wasted time… but it doesn’t have to be, not when printing companies, like HP, are looking to change the way we do business.
A Look at the HP Officejet X Series
The HP Officejet Pro X series is specifically designed to improve speed while lowering costs. When compared to a laser printer you’ll find it has up to twice the speed but only half of the printing costs. Here are some key features of the new Officejet X series:
- Incredible Speed: The secret to the HP Officejet Pro X series’ speed is the HP PageWide technology. With a print head that spans the entire width of the page, you can print entire documents in just a single pass – that’s whole pages in just a fraction of a second and up to 70 pages in just one minute.
- Lower Costs: The combination of HP ink, energy and printing technologies allows you to print pages at up to half the cost per page compared to color laser printers. Time and money can also be saved by using the double-sided printing feature.
- Fewer Interruptions: The input tray of the HP Officejet Pro X series holds 500 sheets, and if you routinely print in high volumes you can get the optional second 500-sheet tray too.
- Connected Technology: The HP ePrint feature of the Officejet Pro X series allows you to conveniently and easily print right from your tablet or smart phone.
- High-Quality Results: HP technology produces a uniform drop weight, speed and trajectory of ink drops, greatly improving the precision of your printed documents. HP inks also delivers the blackest blacks and vibrant, saturated colors.
- Other Great Specs: The HP Officejet Pro X series allows networking for 5-15 users and can print up to 6,000 pages per month per set of installed printer cartridges.
HP Officejet Pro X Series Options
There are four models of the Pro X series, allowing you to find the right one that matches your needs.
There are two ‘print-only’ models, the Pro X451dn and Pro X551dw that print 55ppm and 70 ppm, respectively and include additional features such as Enterprise Network capability, duplex printing and front USB.
Additionally, there are two ‘multi-function’ models, the Pro X475dn MFP and the Pro X576dw MFP. Boasting the same ppm capabilities as their print-only counterparts, as well as many of the extra features, these multi-function models also allow for copy, scan and fax capabilities.
Each model in the series varies in specs and price, so you can find the exact printer that meets the needs and budget of your own business.
The HP Officejet Pro X series offers improvements to your office efficiency and productivity, as well as a reduction in costs. If your business is due for an upgrade, it’s time to check out the HP Officejet Pro X series.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Leaders Can Build a More Collaborative and Productive Virtual Team - September 15, 2017
- How to Create an Effective and Cohesive Online and Offline Marketing Strategy - September 15, 2017
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017