At the 2014 Small Business Summit, David Newman, author of “Do It Marketing” started his presentation with a live poll to the audience about their favorite forms of marketing. Whether you chose to be tech savvy, anti-social media or a business that hasn’t even developed a website yet, there was one common goal among everyone in the room. For all entrepreneurs a common ground is providing good quality products and services and being of value to your community. This is the base for developing your winning marketing strategies.
David continues his presentation with these six effective and strategic ideas that all entrepreneurs should focus on when trying to answer the two question “who do you serve” and “what problems do you solve”:
- Target your audience. Stop sending out generic broadcasts and start focusing on segmenting and targeting your ideal audience.
- Create tailored customized messages. Avoid sending the same message to all of your stakeholders.
- Make it visual. Text is slowly going away and visual is becoming the new thing. Don’t be stale in your message and include videos and images.
- Be radically helpful and radically useful. Don’t be pesky! Create YOU centered messages instead of ME centered messages.
- Earn your audiences attention. Once you’ve earned the attention of your audience then you have the right to earn their money.
- Make yourself wanted. Even when things are bad, find a way that will make your audience seek you out more instead of less.
Check out the full video of David’s presentation here, or simply watch below.
In the second half of the presentation, David goes on to talk about the two purposes of marketing and the importance of understanding and catering to your target audience. He explains that listening to your customers and clients is an essential to knowing what they want and reaching them through your marketing.
There are so many more useful tips and advice to better your marketing in this video that can help all entrepreneurs! Don’t miss out on David’s ways to identify your target audience, 3 secret ingredients to develop your content marketing and more!