With everyone pushing social media these days, saying you ‘have’ to make social accounts, and so many to choose form, it can be easy to lose track of why social media is important in the first place. The simple answer is social contacts. Social media allows you to build and nurture contacts with people all over the globe; to create REAL relationships, even when you don’t see that person on a daily basis. And these relationships can be vital to the success of your business.
That said, there is a huge void between the creation of social media accounts and the creation of real relationships. Social media doesn’t do the work for you – and often it creates more work than necessary.
Consider this example:
You hear about ‘Person A’ who might be a good business contact. You turn to Google to search and learn more about the person. You visit their LinkedIn page. You shuffle through your current contacts to see if you have a mutual contact to connect through. You search for common interests to connect naturally. You locate their email and other social media accounts. You enter the information into your CRM or contact tool. You connect and engage a few times, each time having to log the things you did or new things you learned for future reference.
And the list goes on, of course, because although social media is a great meeting place, it’s still up to you to do the work of forming real relationships.
Fortunately, an app called Nimble can simplify the process, saving you time and facilitating relationship management. Nimble has its own platform, but they have recently created the Nimble Smart Contacts App that imports Nimble data wherever you may be working online. The Nimble Smart Contacts App places an icon on your browser toolbar and you can click it wherever you are working (in your inbox, viewing a social media profile, etc.) to get extensive Nimble data on that contact.
And the Nimble data that you collect will allow you to:
- See a map of that person’s profiles across all their social sites (not just the single profile you are viewing).
- View their social stream on any of their social accounts, including the ability to comment, retweet, etc.
- See summary information such as bio, location, shared contacts, shared interests, influence, and experiences.
- Access your past communications with that person (and record any new communications)
- See what they’ve been saying on their social channels and if they’ve mentioned you or your business.
- Send messages to other channels (for example, send a tweet to the person right from your email).
- Add notes to their profile.
- Schedule follow up tasks based on the current conversation.
- Import new contacts and all the information from their social sites with a few clicks.
By giving you complete & insightful data about new or existing contacts, you save the time of having to research and log the information yourself. It also allows you to have intelligent conversations and build relationships with ease.
The Nimble Smart Contacts App is something you really need to see to fully appreciate. The video below highlights the main Nimble platform then demonstrates the capabilities of the new Nimble Smart Contacts App.