Ramon Ray, Founder of Smallbiztechnology and Publisher of Smart Hustle Magazine, recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Nina Kaufman, Founder of Business Exponential, on “Simplifying Your Life Through Automation“. As a technology evangelist, Ramon knows how important it is to make smart and strategic tech decisions as a way to help grow and automate your business.
Here are a few of the key points that Ramon shares in the interview:
Important Marketing Buckets
- Marketing automation involves using CRM platforms where leads come in and you are able to further explore why and where prospects interests are.
- Systematic automation is about automating your business overall and implementing systems and processes so that you know how to handle specific situations.
Prioritizing Your Tech Points
The best way to prioritize tech solutions is to identify your biggest pain point. This could be anything from creating a canned email response to using a social media scheduling site, such as Hootsuite or Buffer.
Automating a Newsletter
- Having the mental discipline to write the content that is needed.
- Using programs such as Maven or CRM platforms to highlight your content and blog posts through newsletters.
3 of the Biggest Tech Mistakes
- Thinking technology will solve everything
- Not buying technology that can grow with your business
- Not buying technology that can connect with other parts of your business.
How to Screen Vendors
Here are three important questions to ask yourself when it comes to finding a vendor that works for you and your business:
- Do they have good referrals?
- Are they listening to what YOU want or are they just trying to sell you a service?
- Are they familiar with your industry?
Listen to the interview here to hear more of Ramon’s tips on using technology to automate your business as well as Ramon’s views on expanding to a new and different business model and how and why you can do it.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015