Many of us have used Dropbox for years. It works well and is one of the popular ways to share files.
In addition to making it easy to share files, Dropbox is adding some new features that make it much better. These features include:
File requests – With file requests, you can request and receive files from anyone, and they’ll go right into the Dropbox folder you specify. Here’s how it works:
- Get files from anyone: Anyone can send you a file, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account
- Easily receive large files: Unlike most email attachments, you can receive files as large as 2 GB
- Keep your files handy and secure: Submitted files are accessible on all your devices, but just to you — people who send you files can’t see those uploaded by others (unless you choose to share them), and can’t access your Dropbox
The Dropbox badge – The next time you open a Dropbox file in Excel, PowerPoint, or Word on your computer, the Dropbox badge will be waiting for you. It’s a handy tool designed to help you move your project forward, right from inside the file you’re working on. You can:
- Easily share the file you’re working on
- Ask for feedback or contributions by commenting on the file
- View file history to go back in time and find content you’ve already changed or deleted
With these features Dropbox is becoming much more than a file sharing tool, it’s being a collaboration and communication platform.
What platforms do you use? Google Drive? Office 365? Yousend It?
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017
- Why Wix Code Is a Game Changer for Businesses - July 25, 2017
- How Adobe Scan and These 7 Tips Can Make You More Productive - July 25, 2017