There’s about 30 million small businesses in the USA and millions more around the world. Most of them are “mom and pop” small businesses – such as my local Chinese restaurant and local dry cleaners. They don’t have a customer database and just rely on walk in foot traffic.
However, for thousands of other businesses out there. My guess is about 7 – 10 Million – they have some of customer database.
I’m advocating that EVERY business needs to consider moving away from a simple contact manager to some level of CRM where you know more about your customers. What they bought, what their preferences are, what they last posted on social media and more. Your CRM (customer relationship management) system needs to also be integrated into an email system (to email customers) and into a lead capture system (to capture information on prospective customers).
Having a list of customer phone number is not enough – you must have an all in one system that can help you date customer DATA and use it for ACTIONABLE insight.
vCita has a new upgrade to their robust platform – I like it. Of course they are not the only CRM provider around – but there’s Nimble, Contactly, Insight.ly, Infusionsoft and so many others that can help you manage contacts, nurture sales and delight customers.
Their press release reads: vCita Mobile, a new solution built from the ground up to support on-the-go lifestyles of service-based SMBs – from coaches to accountants, doctors and home services providers. vCita Mobile is an integrated, customizable client engagement and CRM app that enables small business to access information, perform critical client facing tasks, and quickly serve customers 24×7, while saving resources on routine tasks such as scheduling, invoicing, and document sharing. The CRM app is uniquely integrated with the business website and email to empower clients to schedule appointments, book services, and pay fees online.
Here’s a few of vCita mobile features:
- Customizable Online Portal: Invite clients to a branded service portal where they can schedule appointments, pay invoices, share documents, and communicate online or on their phone.
- · Instantaneous Customer Service: Get instant notification for any client request from the web, email or social and immediately respond via the mobile app.
- · Everything In the Palm of Your Hand: Access all client information anywhere you go, including contact details, social network profiles, previous communication history, appointments and payments.
- · Synchronized Team View: Manage work schedules, assign client appointments to staff members and share information across your team.
- · Self-Service Client Scheduling: empower customers to schedule appointments and services based on team availability, reducing coordination hassles. Your staff can accept, reject or reschedule appointments right from their phone.
- · On-The-Go Billing: Create and email invoices outside the office and request clients to pay online or via their mobile device.
- · Automated Notifications: Set reminders for upcoming appointments, or send alerts to clients who require a follow-up at a specific time or warrant special attention.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018