So, 2016 is only a few hours away. Some people (like me) are excited at the opportunities, others are nervous about the coming year. Here’s a few things you MUST do the first 30 days of 2016 to ensure the following 11 months go well.
- Create a board of advisors. Put together a board of trusted advisors, who speak their minds and not coddle you and who are experts in a variety of fields that can benefit you – sales, technology, finance, marketing, people operations, strategy
- Get your free subscription to Smart Hustle Magazine – print and digital magazine to help you START and GROW your business.
- Hire a mentor. Work with a dedicated mentor in 2016. Someone who’s far ahead of where you want to be.
- Know your numbers. Hire a CFO, a GOOD CFO, who can help you organize your finances, and help you better understand your financial statements and what it means for your business.
- Focus. Reduce your email, stop saying yes so much and focus on a few management projects.
- Hire an executive assistant. If you don’t have someone to help you manage your calendar and your projects, you’re probably wasting time.
- Hire expert help. Stop building your own web site and marketing campaigns. Hire professional help for the various aspects of your business that someone else can do better.
- Get healthy. I do about 60 push ups a day (give or take), planks and stretches. I used to job on my treadmill – but need to start back on it. What about you? What simple, yet healthy exercises and diet can you do to be more healthy in 2016?
- Have fun. If you find your life is always in front of a computer or in a business meeting – you NEED to take a break and have fun. At least get away from WORK and do something else.
- Educate yourself. Discipline your mind and set time to educate yourself and learn. Succeeding at business is NOT luck – it’s all about smart hustle.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Creative Ideas to Boost Your Local Marketing Campaigns - December 11, 2017
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017