SmallBizTechnology educates business owners and entrepreneurs with information on how to strategically use technology as a tool to start and grow their businesses. We are all about helping main street small business owners – those who are often not technically savvy – know what technology they need to boost productivity, save time, save money, increase revenue, and boost customer service in their business.
We publish articles on: tech tips & tricks, marketing and sales, finance, operations, office productivity, security, customer service
We don’t publish articles on: insurance, forex, CBD
Things to Note
- All submitted articles must be original and not published elsewhere either in print or online.
- We don’t pay for guest posts.
Specific Formatting Guidelines
- Keep word count between 800 and 1,200 words.
- Use Calibri or Arial font.
- It’s 50%, not fifty percent.
- Oxford comma
- Capitalize all words in the headings except for articles (an, a, the, etc.), coordinating conjunctions (for, and, or, but, etc.), and prepositions that contain three or fewer letters (in, one, at, etc.).
- For your bio, keep it under 150 words with no hyperlinks.
Rules on Citations and Links
- The first two links in the article should point toward relevant, internal content already published on SmallBizTechnology.
- For any third-party perspectives, evidence, and statistics, use external links. The sources should be credible, such as research studies and major publications. Do not use Wikipedia.
- Disclose the nature of any relationship with a company or person that is mentioned in your article.
- Anything deemed too promotional by the editorial team will be removed.
- Our editorial team also reserves the right to add rel=”nofollow” to any link or remove a link attached to words or images before or after publication.
- Buying, selling, or trading links that appear in posts is strictly prohibited.
Articles to Emulate
- 6 Benefits for Attracting Talent You Weren’t Thinking About
- 5 Tips for More Intentional Tech Use at Work
- How to Choose Payroll Software for Your Small Business
What You Can Expect
- Once your article has been submitted, our editorial team will review it and make a decision on whether or not to publish it. Due to the number of submissions we receive, it is likely that you won’t receive specific feedback on why your article was turned down. If your article is accepted, you can expect it to publish within a month’s time once you’ve been notified of its acceptance.
- Our editorial team retains final editorial control and will edit the article for style, content, length, etc.
- Once published, your content can only be republished on Medium. You may not republish content from our site on your company or personal site until two weeks after being live on our site. If we see a post published anywhere besides our site or your company or personal site, then we may remove your post from our site.