Use a rental car for business or pleasure, and you’ll enjoy the expected conveniences of modern personal transportation: automatic headlamps, power accessories, a navigation system and connectivity. The last feature, though, should never be taken for granted: When you link your mobile device, your information may be stored and read by others long after you have returned the vehicle. When traveling for business and working from the road, this is a valid concern.
Businesses in the auto repair industry have to field questions and concerns of this type as well. People are more wary of their personal information being taken without their knowledge and rightfully so; many recent cases from companies of all sorts of sizes have sprung up for years now. With auto repair some people are also afraid of leaving behind such a difficult to come by possession, this being their vehicle.
Connect your smartphone with Bluetooth or to a USB port and your rental car will begin reading and storing your information. Text messages, your phone call logs, and even the places you have visited may be viewed by others unless you delete that information before returning your car. Even then, according to Northside car hire, there is a risk that certain facts may stay behind. This is why they recommend that you keep your information protected in your rental car with these simple precautions:
- Avoid using Bluetooth. Long before other data services emerged, Bluetooth became the de facto way for people to connect their phones with their cars. Bluetooth streaming enables ease of syncing by using radio waves to achieve that connection. The trouble is, Bluetooth transfers your phonebook data and calling lists to the car, information that is subject to hacking.
- Restrict your permissions. If the rental car’s infotainment system provides connectivity and allows you to choose your permissions, then do so. Restrict the system’s access to certain information — such as your music files — which effectively forbids access to your other files. Once you open the door for the infotainment system to read anything on your smartphone, you are vulnerable to a security breach.
- Delete your personal information. If you must connect with the rental car, be sure to delete your personal information before returning it. Locate the car’s Bluetooth setup menu and remove your phone from the paired phone’s list. Ensure the call logs are removed too. You can also find the “clear private data” command or activate the factory reset button to remove that information.
- Utilize Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Depending on the type of phone you own, you may be able to connect through Apple Car Play or Android Auto. If your rental car is compatible with either, then operate it without worry that your data can be read by others. Both systems are encrypted, and there is no risk of data exposure there.
- Don’t plug into the USB port. Your data can be harvested even if you avoid Bluetooth: Connecting your smartphone via the USB port to charge your phone or use the infotainment system still puts you at risk (and may give you even less control as you would have with Bluetooth). Avoid connecting to the port at all and instead use your portable charger. A personal power source ensures that no data is exposed to hackers. You can also employ your smartphone’s navigation app to help direct you to wherever you want to go instead of connecting to the car’s GPS system.
Traveling for work or pleasure and renting a connected car can be a nice perk, with benefits that include convenience and efficiency. But there are many risks to consider, sometimes buying a car is your best option, luckily you can find the best tips at car-buying-strategies.com. Take these precautions and make sure that convenience is not undone by security breaches.
In recent times, the auto industry has boomed at an incredible pace and therefore the concepts of online Sell cars and buying of cars have too gained enough popularity. If we carefully analyze the present scenario, today the concept of online selling and buying automobiles as a business model within the auto industry has pulled the eye of the many auto dealers.
Market research has found that lately more auto dealers are logging on , and consumers are literally preferring to interact online early within the shopping experience. In fact, when it involves car shopping, many purchasers are using the online as an area to try to to research before heading to an actual dealership. Adding to the present , many consumers are even reluctant to affect auto dealers face to face even during the first stages of the car-buying or selling experience. No doubt, the words like “online selling” or “online buying” has emerged because the latest buzzwords within the Australian auto industry and lots of individuals are using the online as a perfect platform to sell their cars.
These days, one among the simplest ways to sell a car fast is on the web . Yes, you bought it right. With the assistance of the web , you’ll cash in of many potential car buyers. Every day, thousands and thousands of cars are sold online. However, you would like to know that today selling a car online may result in far more money than trading, then it are often beneficial if you spend a touch little bit of time and make use of online advertisements which will end in a better sale price on used cars. Advertising a car online is one among the simplest methods of attracting potential buyers. Though, there are other multitudes of advertising methods, selling a car online through online advertisements is one among the fastest and best ways of reaching the vast audience .