Managing a network is important, especially a wireless network. For businesses that are growing and have more than one office, they need to quickly deploy a network and get up and running. It’s also VERY important that the network is security. A secure network is imperative.
Today Linksys announced the Linksys Cloud Manager, a cloud-hosted WiFi Management Platform purpose-built for small business environments that reduces costs and increases operational efficiencies. The solution offers centralized visibility, management and control of a wireless network without the cost and complexity of traditional hardware controllers, overlay software, or annual hosting costs.
While easy enough for tech minded business owners or office managers to setup, this solution is perfect for the IT consultants who help a business manage their technology.
Linksys Cloud Manager enables IT administrators and other authorized users to remotely monitor, manage and troubleshoot single or distributed wireless networks in real time via a single dashboard and sign-on. This plug-n-play platform helps provide secure remote access to Linksys Business Wireless-AC Access Points, which are built with enterprise-grade, high-performance hardware, and is competitively priced with no licensing or maintenance fees for five years*. The included cloud license fits any budget and provides a complete solution for IT solutions providers and their SMB customers.
“There is a gap in the market for affordable, business-grade cloud managed WiFi management platforms designed specifically for SMBs,” said Wayne Newton, director of commercial business, Linksys. “Current offerings are either built with consumer-grade hardware or with expensive, enterprise features with prohibitive annual hosting fees. A common complaint is enterprise offerings are complex and over-engineered with features and functionality beyond the usual requirements of a small business network.”
A few of the features of this solution include:
- Comprehensive Centralized Management via a Global Map – Manage multiple, unlimited client WiFi networks around the corner or around the world from one centralized dashboard with a single login. Visibility of all accounts, sites, access points, and devices.
- Remote Monitoring and Network Insights – Provides alerts and real-time statistics so network administrators can anticipate potential network issues without the need for on-site monitoring and troubleshooting. View through a web browser, historical and real-time traffic on the network, at-a-glance analytics about top clients and devices, including uptime, signal strength, connection duration, etc. Built-in troubleshooting tools to identify problems using features such as a Ping Test, Blink LED, RF Environment Scan, and Rogue Access Point Detection.
- Tremendous Scalability – Scales seamlessly from single sites to unlimited networks worldwide; suitability for distributed networks (e.g., retail/branch offices).
- Rapid Deployment with Zero-touch Provisioning – Configure APs even before unboxing them enabling a quick and simple installation process. After deployment, Linksys APs automatically connect to the cloud over SSL and can be configured remotely, whether they are offline or online. Users can provision the network in minutes with a few clicks.
- Over-the-air Upgrades – Firmware is automatically updated.
- Email and Text Push Notifications – Message alerts and warnings on network and device connectivity and network health re: power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Extremely Easy to Use Management Portal – An intuitive, browser-based dashboard and responsive user interface enables IT administrators to provision networks on the go from a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, with no additional app to download.
- Flexibility – With no vendor lock in, customers can use a local interface to manage Linksys APs if cloud is no longer required, all of this with the use of sd wan, which decouples the network and the control plane.
- Multi-role Platform – Multi-management level accounts give users the ability to set roles (owner, admin, viewer) and provide key users access to specific networks.
- Exceptional Warranty Terms and Technical Support – Linksys goes beyond the forum and email only support and offers 24X7 live customer support.
“The Linksys Cloud Manager is very easy and intuitive to navigate. I have used Meraki, Cradlepoint, and Aerohive in the past and this is by far the easiest interface to navigate,” said Michael Johnson, a solution engineer for RCN Technologies, an IT services company.
>If your network is old or slow it’s time to upgrade your network.