The hype surrounding Apple’s reported debut of the M3 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro is being brought to light by tech blogger Jason England of Laptop. Mark Gurman claims that Apple might release the M3 earlier than anticipated, possibly by the end of 2023. The M3 chip hasn’t had any supply problems, unlike its predecessor, the M2. Apple’s M3 silicon processor is hailed as its greatest and most effective to date. England recommends potential customers to postpone buying a new MacBook until the M3 is available.
Consider waiting for the M3 release or purchasing discounted older MacBook versions that still meet your business needs.
Microsoft has introduced its Microsoft 365 Copilot, an AI-powered tool that aims to enhance workplace productivity. Business Standard and Business Premium account users can access this next-generation AI technology for $30 per month. Microsoft 365 Copilot promises to streamline work processes, leveraging AI to automate repetitive tasks and provide intelligent suggestions.
Collaboration on “Llama 2,” the AI language model by Meta, involves both Microsoft and Meta. Developers can now access Llama 2 through Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform without any cost. The decision to open-source Llama 2 has sparked discussions due to Meta’s previous access restrictions. Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, advocates open-source technology as it fosters innovation by granting more developers access to state-of-the-art tools.
If your business relies heavily on Facebook or Instagram and you’re interested in incorporating more AI functionality for your users, Llama 2 is a valuable development tool worth exploring.
EnKash, a management platform, has unveiled Olympus, a comprehensive digital payments platform designed for startups and traditional businesses. Olympus aims to simplify accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R) processes. EnKash recognizes the need to automate payment systems for small and mid-sized businesses that may lack resources and expertise. Olympus seamlessly integrates with existing accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
Explore Olympus to streamline and automate your business’s A/P and A/R processing. EnKash’s solution caters to the growing digital payments landscape, particularly in Asia.
A cautionary story from Wisconsin serves as a reminder of the importance of internal controls and employee vigilance. An employee at a gas station received a call from someone posing as the owner, requesting an advance payment of $3,500 for a $14,000 delivery. Convinced by the call’s legitimacy, the employee, unable to provide the full amount, took $900 in bitcoin from a neighboring restaurant’s safe and made the instructed deposit in Green Bay. Thanks to an observant passerby who noticed a smashed window, authorities traced the call to Mexico and a Wisconsin area code.
Implement internal controls to prevent unauthorized cash transfers. Be cautious of fraudulent calls and educate your employees about potential scams.
Staying informed about the latest tech developments is crucial for small businesses seeking growth and efficiency. In this roundup, we highlighted the importance of waiting for Apple’s anticipated M3 MacBook release, Microsoft’s AI Copilot, Meta and Microsoft’s AI collaboration, EnKash’s Olympus payment platform, and the risks of fraudulent calls. Embrace technology wisely, and it will become a powerful ally in your small business journey.
1. When is the expected release date for the M3 MacBook? The M3 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro are rumored to be released by late 2023 at the earliest.
2. How much does Microsoft 365 Copilot cost? Microsoft 365 Copilot is available for $30 per month for Business Standard and Business Premium account users.
3. What is EnKash Olympus? EnKash Olympus is a comprehensive digital payments platform designed to simplify accounts payable and accounts receivable processes for businesses.
4. How can businesses protect themselves from fraudulent calls? Implement internal controls to prevent unauthorized cash transfers and educate employees about potential scams.
5. What precautions should businesses take when considering purchasing a MacBook? Consider waiting for the release of the M3 MacBook or explore discounted older MacBook versions that still meet your business needs.
6. How can small businesses leverage AI technology? Small businesses can benefit from AI technology by automating repetitive tasks, enhancing productivity, and providing intelligent suggestions.
7. Which regions does EnKash primarily cater to? EnKash is based in India and primarily caters to businesses in Asia, tapping into the region’s growing digital payments landscape.
8. How can businesses ensure the security of their payment processes? Implement robust internal controls, such as requiring written approval from multiple parties for cash transfers, to prevent unauthorized transactions.
9. Can businesses integrate EnKash Olympus with existing accounting and ERP software? Yes, EnKash Olympus seamlessly integrates with any business’s existing accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
First reported by Forbes.